- Relieves chesty coughs in children
- 6-12 Years
Benylin Children's Chesty Coughs Syrup is a medicine which is used to help relieve chesty coughs in children. It contains guaifenesin (an expectorant) to help loosen mucus (phlegm) from the lungs and make it easier to cough up. The medicine is for use in children aged 6-12 years. Always read the label.
Those aged 6-12 years old
Warnings and cautions
Do not use Benylin Children's Chesty Coughs Syrup
- If your child has ever had a bad reaction to this product or any of the ingredients. See section 6 for full list of ingredients.
- If your child is taking any other cough and cold medicine.
- If your child is aged under 6 years.
Warnings and Precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Benylin Children's Chesty Coughs Syrup.
- If your child suffers from liver or kidney problems
- If your child has had a cough for a few weeks that may be caused by asthma, or a cough which brings up a lot of mucus (phlegm).
- If your child has a cough that tends to recur or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache.
- If any of these apply now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding The following advice is included in case an older child or adult is taking the medicine. ? If you are pregnant or breast-feeding or not taking contraceptive measures, only use this medicine on the advice of your doctor.
How to use
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. For oral use only. Do not give more than the stated dose shown below. There is a double-ended spoon in this pack. Children under six years old This medicine is not recommended for children under 6 years old. Children 6 - 12 years Age Dose Children 6 – 12 years Give two 5ml spoonfuls every 6 to 8 hours. Do not give more than eight 5ml spoonfuls in one day. Use only when simple measures have failed to provide adequate relief. Do not give to a child under 12 years of age for more than 5 days without consulting your doctor.
The active substance is Guaifenesin. The other ingredients are: Glycerol, sorbitol liquid (non-crystallising) (E420), carmellose sodium, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sodium benzoate (E211), citric acid monohydrate, strawberry flavour (containing benzyl alcohol, ethanol and propylene glycol (E1520)) and water.