Where is this service available?
All of our LloydsPharmacy stores nationwide offer this discreet service during opening hours. Emergency contraception is available without a prescription. The consultation is free of charge, you only pay for the medication. There is no appointment necessary, just drop into any of our LloydsPharmacy stores and speak to the pharmacist.
How does this service work?
- One of our highly trained Pharmacists will invite you into a private Care Room where you will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire.
- The pharmacist will then determine if Emergency Contraception is suitable for you and discuss your medication options.
- If Emergency Contraception is suitable, our pharmacist will supply you with the appropriate medication.
- If Emergency Contraception is not suitable, our pharmacist will advise you and point you in the right direction for help.
When should I take Emergency Contraception?
- If you had unprotected sex in the last 120 hours (five days).
- If your condom split or something stopped your contraceptive working.
- If you missed your birth control pills for two days before having sex or were vomiting in the last few days.
Our other services
Explore our in-store health services