Our vision is to improve care in every setting — one product, one partner, one patient at a time.
Our mission is to make better care possible.
Our Company Values
That’s why we look toward our ICARE shared principles as a unifying set of values to guide us in our mission. Our company-wide values are the foundation of McKesson’s reputation as a trusted organization that goes the extra mile to advance our customers’ success.
We make decisions, both big and small, with a focus on what is ethically right. Above all, we are committed to the greater good—for our company, our customers and the health care industry.
Our commitment to our customers sets us apart. We hear time and again from our customers that they choose McKesson for our follow-through and customer-focused service. Our customers are at the center of everything we do, and our success comes from their success. They benefit from McKesson’s customized approach to their business and our ability to help them stay ahead of the changing health care landscape.
We make personal commitments—to our customers, vendors, our colleagues. We hold ourselves accountable for keeping those promises. We take individual responsibility for the decisions we make to get results for our customers. We build trust with our customers by delivering on our promises. We all own accountability for McKesson.
Our people treat each other, our customers and our vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect. By valuing diverse styles and skills, recognizing each individual’s contribution, and staying open to each other’s perspectives, McKesson cultivates an environment of innovation and collaboration—which pays off in the way we solve problems for our customers.
Our journey to excellence never ends—we always aim higher for our customers and partners. We take action with success in mind and focus on results, constantly finding new ways to innovate and improve, and we rigorously measure our progress. When customers choose McKesson, they’re choosing an industry leader who will work tirelessly to achieve excellence in quality, safety and efficiency—for the better health of our customers and the entire health care industry.
In September 2020 we teamed up with Aware as our new charity partner.
Aware is a non-profit organisation providing support, education and information around depression, bipolar disorder and related mood conditions. More than 450,000 people in Ireland experience depression (1 in 10) at any one time but many hide their condition and never get help. The support provided by Aware to those experiencing mental health difficulties is essential, and in these challenging times the demand for that support is higher than ever.
Awards and Recognition
Irelands award winning Pharmacy Chain
We have achieved several successes since we were established in 2001, which we are proud to celebrate. Some of the most prestigious awards for our people practices and colleague excellence we have been shortlisted for or have won are outlined below.
- 2021: Winner – Retail Excellence Award at the InBUSINESS
- 2020: Winner - Retail Excellence Award at the InBUSINESS
- 2020: Winner - Excellence in Public Sector Charity Support Award
- 2019: Finalist - CX Impact in Retail at the CX Awards
- 2019: Finalist – Business development, Heart Health Hubs at the IPN Awards
- 2018: Winner - Retail Excellence Award at the InBUSINESS Recognition Awards
- 2018: Winner - GSK Self Care Award at the IPN Awards (Castletroy Team Limerick)
- 2018: Finalist - Innovation and Service Development award at the IPN Awards
- 2018: Finalist - Young Pharmacist of the Year at the IPN Awards
2018: Finalist - Superintendent Pharmacist of the Year at the IPN Awards
- 2017: Finalist - Pharmacist Led Team at the Clanwilliam Pharmacy Awards
- 2017: Finalist - Young Pharmacist at the Clanwilliam Pharmacy Awards
- 2015: Winner -'Best in Retail Excellence' Award at the InBusiness Editor's Choice Awards
- 2014: Winner - OTC Retailer of the Year (LloydsPharmacy William Street) at the IPN Awards
- 2014: Shortlisted - Brand Campaign Award at the All Ireland Marketing Awards
- 2014: Winner - Highly Commended Award at The Health & Safety Awards
- 2014: Bronze - Best Sports, Health & Fitness Category at The Appys (LloydsPharmacy’s MyMed App)