Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence)
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence, is the inability to get and maintain an erection. ED is a very common condition, particularly in older men. It is estimated that half of all men between the ages of 40 and 70 will suffer from it to some degree. Fortunately, treatments for erectile dysfunction have improved significantly over the last few years.
Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction:
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Narrowing of the blood vessels going to the penis
- Hormonal problems
- Side effects from prescribed medication
Diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction:
- The doctor or nurse will ask about your lifestyle, sexual health and relationships, and any problems you might be having.
- A basic health check will take place, such as taking your blood pressure.
- They will examine your genitals to rule out any obvious physical cause.
- If you have symptoms like needing to urinate more often, your GP may also need to examine your prostate.
- They may also perform a rectal examination
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction:
- If it is due to narrowing of penis blood vessels, high blood pressure or high cholesterol - then treatment may include medicine to lower blood pressure or statins to lower cholesterol.
- The use of medications such as Viagra Connect or Sidena.
- If due to hormone problems, then Hormone replacement Therapy may be prescribed.
- If the cause is associated with side effects of prescribed medication, then in consultation with your GP a change of medicine may be considered.
Things you can do to help with Erectile Dysfunction:
- Lose weight if you're overweight
- Stop smoking
- Eat a healthy diet
- Exercise daily
- Try to reduce stress and anxiety
How does VIAGRA connect help treat symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction?
Viagra works by helping to increase the blood flow to the penis and enabling an erection when aroused. It will not give you an instant erection. It helps to widen (relax) blood vessels and improves the flow of blood to the penis following sexual stimulation. This helps to maintain an erection.
You should take one tablet roughly an hour before you plan to have sex, although it may still be effective up to five hours after taking the tablet. VIAGRA connect is a proven erectile dysfunction treatment and will help men's self-esteem, confidence, and sexual relationship satisfaction.