- A permanent colour for 100 Percent grey coverage to use in between hair colour appointments and at home colouring
- Extend the time between salon visits or DIY dye jobs
- The application takes just 10 minutes and lasts up to 3 weeks
Looking at dyeing your roots without going to the salon? We have got you covered with Clairol Root Touch-Up. A permanent colour for 100 Percent grey coverage, Clairol Root Touch-Up is specifically formulated to use in between hair colour appointments and at home colouring to cover your roots and stubborn greys, and matches any hair colour, even salon colour.* The permanent colour creme formula contains a blend of tones to seamlessly blend with your current colour for a natural looking result. It is therefore a simple solution for restoring colour and covering greys in between salon appointments, and therefore allows you to extend the time between salon visits or DIY dye jobs. The application takes just 10 minutes and lasts up to 3 weeks. To use, simply use the included salon inspired angled brush which gives you complete control as you apply it, a quick, easy, and precise application. No mess!
Warnings and cautions
ALWAYS READ THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE CAREFULLY. IMPORTANT: This is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. Caution: Hair colourants can cause severe allergic reactions. TEMPORARY BLACK HENNA TATTOOS MAY INCREASE YOUR RISK OF ALLERGY. To reduce your risk follow these instructions. Do not colour your hair if:- You have a rash on your face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp- You have ever experienced any reaction after colouring your hair
Keep the empty carton and the instruction leaflet in case you experience a reaction.
- This product contains ingredients including hydrogen peroxide, which may cause severe eye irritation and possible permanent eye injury.
- If the product gets into your eye, flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Rinse eyes immediately if product comes into contact with them.
- We recommend removing contact lenses before applying hair colour. If you must wear contact lenses during application and any products gets into your eye, remove the contact lens first, then flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- Do not use if your scalp is irritated or injured.
- Do not inhale or ingest product.
- Prepare and use the product in a well-ventilated area. If you experience inhalation difficulties, move to fresh air.
- Wear suitable gloves.
- Avoid unnecessary skin contact.
- Do not exceed the development time stated.
- Rinse hair well after application.
- Immediately rinse any colour splashes on the skin and clothing.
- Keep developer away from heat and light.
- Do not mix this colourant with any other product.
- Do not leave the mixture in a closed bottle (bottle may expand/burst), if a bottle is used for mixing.
- Do not keep any unused product.
- Do not perm, relax or straighten the hair immediately before or after colouring.
- Do not use when the hair has previously been coloured with henna or metal dyes.
- Remove all metal objects from hair before colouring and keep them away during colouring.
- Do not use metal bowl/stirrer for mixing.
- Heavy sweating may cause bleeding of colourant and staining of textiles.
- Do not use to dye eyelashes or eyebrows.
How to use
STRAND TEST / PATCH TEST Always perform an allergy test and strand test prior to using the hair colour. Mix small amounts of each of the hair colour ingredients (equal amounts) and apply to the skin on your elbow. Wait 48 hours to see if you have adverse reactions. Be careful not to wash it off! Use the remaining mixture for a strand test. Take a small cutting from your hair, around 1 inch from the root, underneath the crown, and apply the hair colour to this hair. Leave for the recommended time indicated on your hair colour product. Finally, rinse off the strand and dry it. Look at the strand. Applying the Colour 1. Using the expert precision brush, apply the colour at the hairline of the sections into which you divided your hair. 2. Apply the colour around the face, part, and at the temples. 3. Make sure that you saturate your visible roots with the colour. 4. Use a baby wipe or wet washcloth to remove excess colour on your forehead or temple areas. 5. Once you've touched up the exposed roots, let the colour sit for 10 minutes. (Note: If you have stubborn greys, leave it on for an additional five minutes and apply the colour in small sections rather than large ones.)
Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Lanolin Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Sulfite, Resorcinol, Sodium Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Parfum, Disodium EDTA, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol HCl, 2-Methylresorcinol, m-Aminophenol, Tocopherol